Wednesday, September 9, 2009

On my way to Washington D.C.

I'm packing my piccolo and my newly made Revolutionary War-era militia outfit because I will be part of a re-enactor's fife & drum corps leading the taxpayer's march on Washington Saturday, September 12th. Behind us will march the Revolutionary War "soldiers" but instead of carrying muskets, they will be armed with -- teapots! :)

The march begins at Freedom Plaza just west of the White House and will travel down Pennsylvania Avenue for a little more than one mile to the steps of the U.S. Capitol.

I know that tens of thousands are planning to join us for this march and rally. I hope there will be a million! The march begins at 11:00 a.m. EST, and the "rally" at 1:00 p.m.

Please pray that there will be no violence from ACORN or SEIU members and that this will send a strong message to the crooks in the White House and both branches of Congress!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I am so proud of you!!! I saw the march on TV but had no idea that my very own Katy Jones was there, in the thick of things, doing what I'm way too lazy to do but thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! My prayers are with you and with your every effort!!!

    ReplyDelete