Sunday, November 15, 2009

I am humbled....

I learned yesterday that John Quincy Adams, the 6th President of the United States (and son of 2nd President John Adams) made a habit of reading through the entire Bible every year. This was in addition to being an ambassador, attorney general, senator, President, and then a U.S. Congressman.

JQA wasn't too busy to read the Bible. JQA wasn't too busy to totally rely on God and not himself.

I am humbled and repent my flimsy excuse of being "too busy." What is more important than putting God first in our lives--above everything, even those things we deem so "important"?

Even if I've moved heaven and earth, my day is a failure if I haven't spent at least a portion of it drinking in the truth of God's word so that it may mold me into a better servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment