Monday, April 5, 2010

Resurrecting this blog

After months of wondering if adding my words to the din was worth the effort (as well as spending many, many hours sewing Revolutionary War costumes for George & Martha Washington and the Young Patriots Fife & Drum Corps) I've decided that I need to keep writing, even if I'm the only one who reads it.

The present course of our nation's federal government often brings me to the brink of despair. In the last months I keep reading and reminding myself of these verses:

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee. Trust ye in the LORD forever, for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength." Isaiah 26:3-4

I KNOW that God has a purpose for everything. He doesn't send evil to anyone, but He sometimes allows evil to happen in order to chastise His children, to help us see that we have strayed from His noble purposes.

I have to trust Him with my whole heart and remember that He is bigger than any evil man can devise. Just as Peter was able to walk on water as long as he focused on Jesus (Matthew 14:29), we can accomplish the seemingly impossible as long as we fix our eyes on "the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:2)

I'm going to work on growing my faith and trust in the LORD. How about you?

6 comments:

  1. Katy,
    Very inspiring! Keep writing and getting the word out! There are a lot of people out there who have that same sinking feeling as you do, but God has this all under His plan. (1 Cor. 10:13) He is the one that raises nations up, and He is the One who will bring them down, but will always watch over His people. This is our faith builder my friend! Keep praying and trusting! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing, Katy. The present situation is quite disturbing and I'm doing my best to pray without ceasing.
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is bigger than any and all evil that man can devise. I believe He wants us to trust Him just like the Israelites did when Moses told them, "...Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree that this is crucial as we go through a very tough time in this nation's history. Good post.

    ReplyDelete