Friday, June 19, 2009

A Departure

I've been trying to write a post about the next "bite" in the Constitution for days now. Unfortunately I've been sidetracked by all the House and Senate bills, executive orders, etc. etc. that keep steamrolling over the American people each and every day!

The heritage of freedom that our founding fathers left to us is critically endangered by the current administration. We may have already reached the point of no return.

I believe with all my heart that a majority of the American people still believe in the ideals of freedom. We've just been so busy working and raising our families, participating in our communities and our church families that we have allowed a gradual erosion of individual freedoms over the last several decades.

Now the pace is horrifically accelerated and it seems there's nothing we can do about it individually. The entire federal government and their lapdogs in the media have become so out of touch with reality and God's absolute truth that they are living in a three-ring circus inside a Salvador Dali painting!

When I become discouraged, I remind myself that none of this is too big for God. He is and always has been in charge of govern- ments. No government is established without His approval. I want so much to DO something about the people who are destroying "my" country, but I don't want to go against God's will. Perhaps He is punishing this country for the 50 million babies "legally" destroyed by abortion since Roe v. Wade, the "tolerance" for homosexuality which to Him is an abomination, and the general godlessness and worldliness that have permeated our populace.

I continue to pray and encourage you to do the same. Pray for our nation and its leaders; pray that people's eyes will be opened, that truth will prevail over political correctness. Most of all, pray that Christians everywhere will be bold in standing for the faith, no matter what the consequences.

1 comment:

  1. Amen and Amen! I'm glad you're back on.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete