Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My letter to the editor

I have not been blogging for the last two weeks because I have been writing over 100 U.S. Representatives, including the sponsors for the nationalized health care bill. And I had this letter published in the Kerrville Daily Times and Community Journal, AND it was read by a local radio host, James Williamson:

I have a dream. In my dream I sit down with the President, the Senate and the House and have their undivided attention for sixty seconds. This is what I tell them:

I am an American, a taxpayer, and a voter. I am a self-sufficient adult, capable of taking care of myself. When hard times came, as when we had no job, no health insurance, and a baby on the way, we found a way to make things work without government assistance. When cancer struck me at age 46, I fought it, defeated it, and used it as an opportunity for personal and spiritual growth, all without the help of government.

I’ve lived for 50 years in this wonderful, free country. You are stealing my retirement, my children’s inheritance, and now you want to destroy my perfectly adequate health care plan that saved my life four years ago. You are raping the prosperity of this country for personal wealth and power. Shame on you!

I do not want to bail out others who made foolish or greedy mistakes. They won’t learn from their mistakes and will repeat them. They need tough love. I practiced it with my children and it works.

I do not want any form of nationalized health care. I don’t want to be a ward of the state. I want to be free to choose my own health care plan and especially my own doctor.

I am an adult. You insult me by treating me as a child and trying to be my “nanny.” You took an oath to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. Have you forgotten that the Constitution gives all citizens freedom FROM government?

You work for me, not the other way around. Based on your job performance in the last six months, you’re fired.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are back. Great letter.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete