Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A plea from me to you, my fellow Americans

In 2008 when Barack Obama became the Democrat candidate for President of the United States, I did not believe he could be elected, even though McCain was far from an ideal alternative. At least McCain had some honor, had some love for his country. Surely, I thought, people will see how radical this Obama was, how utterly un-American and how wrong he would be as our President.

When he was elected, then I began to wonder if this was God's punishment upon a nation who more and more had turned away from Him and the principles of righteousness. Materialism had turned people away from spiritual thoughts. In-your-face homosexuality no longer stirred up general righteous indignation. Legalized abortion was an everyday occurrence leading to partial-birth abortion and then to infanticide. Unjust court verdicts, reverse discrimination, rampant lying and perjury among the highest governmental officials grew out of control, and yet the general populace, the decent, hard-working, middle-class families did nothing, said nothing. We were going about our business making the country work. We did not WANT to believe that such evil really existed and that people we WANTED to trust to run our country properly actually wanted to destroy it and us.

Barack Obama is President. The Senate and House are both controlled by a majority of people who believe as the President does, that they are smarter than the rest of us, that they by right should control everything in our lives, even whether we live or die for "the greater good."

We have underestimated our enemy. Big time. These people are so arrogant they don't even realize that they are instruments of Satan. We have not followed the advice of Jesus to be "wise as serpents and harmless as doves." We have been too trusting and willingly naïve.

Is this God's judgment? I can't say for sure. I know that many, many people are as outraged as I am at what these elitists are trying to do to our country. I know that those same people feel as helpless as I to do anything to stop what's going on. Right now I want to throw all the bums out and start over with a special election. I can't find anything in the Constitution about a people's referendum on elected officials. The Founding Fathers didn't foresee a United States of America that would let itself get into these dire straits.

This is all way too big for me. It's too big for you. But it's NOT too big for God.

It's so important to make phone calls, write letters, communicate with our elected officials. But it's even MORE important to humble ourselves, get down on our knees, and turn our hearts back to God.

Will that stop His judgment on this nation? All I know is what God says in His word: "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." II Chronicles 7:14

I ask you to pray with me for God to deliver us from evil, if it be His will. If not, then we will need to pray more than ever for the courage to face whatever happens. It will be bad. But God's faithful children have a hope greater than any despair these evil men can bring upon us—we have the hope of eternal life where there will be "no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain." Revelation 21:4 Not so the wicked ones: "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." Revelation 21:8

May God have mercy on us, and may we all search our hearts and do the right thing, no matter what the consequences.

1 comment: