Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Great Thing To Do

I received an email with a suggestion so simple and so powerful that I kicked myself for not having thought of it sooner.

I Timothy 2:1-4 says this: "I exhort therefore, that first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

I've been praying, but not as I should: for the President and all that are in authority. I had forgotten that, as evil as their intentions are, God STILL desires that they come to the knowledge of the truth and be saved. Can I desire any less for them?

So, beginning today, I will pray daily, specifically, by name, for these liberals:

President Barack Obama
Speaker Nancy Pelosi
Senator Harry Reid
Congressman Barney Frank

There are so many more, but I'm going to focus on these four first. For now I'll just add, "and all the other liberals in Washington."

For more details, visit this site and read about their "Adopt a Liberal" program: http://www.libertyaction.org/306/petition.asp?Ref_ID=2819&RID=22261313.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Katy, you're right! Why didn't we think of this before? Wonderful idea! I'll spread this around.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete